Position Title: ABE/ GED Instructor – Literacy Chicago
Summary: This part time position will be responsible in instructing an offsite GED class. Four days a week total of 12 hours. The ABE/GED teacher will instruct students (18 and older) who want to obtain a credential equivalent to a high school diploma. They must be trained in adult education instructional techniques.
Duties & Responsibilities: ABE/GED teachers instruct students in the areas of math, science, writing, reading and social studies, the five areas covered in the GED tests. They may be required to assess students in order to create a learning program for each student. They also evaluate and test students, either formally or informally to determine if students are progressing. A GED teacher may help students with improving their critical thinking, problem-solving, information processing and communication skills. Students in these classes will be performing between levels 6-8.9 and 9-12.9 in reading level.
- Asses individuals education plans with each student that includes strengths and weaknesses based on TABE, learning styles and student needs
- Integrate authentic material within GED subject areas.
- Employ teaching methodology that reflects best practices, addresses diverse needs and leaning styles as well as user integrated curriculums.
- Create lesson plans and provide plans as requested
- Integrate computer lab and GED software with classroom insturcti0on as appropriate
- Attend weekly /monthly instructor meetings
- Attend workshops for professional development related to classroom and students needs.
- Share information with fellow colleagues
- Submit monthly reports as required
- Track attendance and class achievement for reporting purposes
- Perform other duties as necessary
ABE/ GED Teacher Job Requirements: Minimum BA Degree. However, Masters preferred in Adult Education, Teaching, or related field. Experience in teaching adult learners, able to work with diverse populations. The GED instructor needs to be highly motivated, energetic, dynamic and Student focused. Excellent oral and communication skills are a must.
Salary Range: To be determined /Commensurate with Experience
Date Posted: December 1, 2017
Application Deadlines: December 22, 2017
Interested parties may send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include GED Instructor in the subject line